This is a call to all my friends, family and anyone else who cares for me. I need your support.
So after my last depressing (but important) post about PCOS (or ‘The Bitch’ as I’ve decided to refer to it) I’ve given myself a good talking to and made another decision to get my health on track (I know what you are thinking, bear with..)
I need to lose some weight, and The Bitch makes it tough for me, but ultimately I HAVE to believe I can do this, otherwise what’s the point?
I’ve signed up to a new fitness life plan, yes that’s right, LIFE plan. This is a permanent change for me and I will make it work.
In order to do this, there are 5 key things I need to remember:
1. I’ve been assigned calories. I must stick to these calories. I must not go under or over these calories. Eating too little won’t work and eating too much won’t work.
2. I need to be aware of WHAT I’m eating. Calories break down into Fat, Carbs and Protein. Ensuring that I have enough of each is key. This means changing my mindset a bit as I’ve always gone for the low fat or low carb options, but that not always the best thing to do. However, I won’t be guzzling down buckets of ice cream either.
3. Steps. (No, not the pop band). I need to get 15000 steps in everyday. Whoa that’s a lot, and will be a challenge. It’ll mean going for a walk on the evenings I’m not running, or if I can’t do that then getting off my bus a few stops early and walking home. All the steps count.
4. Exercise. On top of my steps I’ll need to be doing exercise. Now, I’m not really a fan of the gym, so I’ll stick to my runs 3 times a week, and also follow HIIT exercise videos which are provided on the plan.
5. Finally, the most important one. Believe I can do this. I’ll need the full support of my close friends and family to make this happen. I CAN do this.
So, friends and family, I hear you cry; “how can we help you Sammie?” Well, first off, don’t question this. I know what I’m doing. You can support me by not offering me crap food. Don’t feel like you have to tread on eggshells around me either, if you want to eat a bar of chocolate in front of me or get the snacks in, go ahead! I’m a big girl, I can take it! If there’s enough calories left that day and I’ve met all my carb, fat and protein requirements, maybe I’ll have some chocolate too.
This is a very simple change really, but it’s going to take hard work from me. I need to plan better and work harder to get this to turn around right for me. I need to be realistic and not too disheartened when it doesn’t work straight away.
Oh, and for those who are wondering how much I’m paying for this, it’s £3.50 a month. I’ve not mentioned who the plan is with because I’m not advertising them on here, but if you want to know more about them you can contact me privately and I’ll point you in the right direction.
Anyway, this was the best (and quickest) way I could think of getting my message out to those who I’m close to.
Over and out.